We would like to provide you with information about what information about you (your “personal data”) that we collect, what we use it for, with whom we share it and what rights you have and how the law protects you.
- Important information and who we are
- The types of personal data we collect
- How we collect personal data
- Why we process your personal data and the legal basis for the processing
- Your consent
- Information that we share
- Your choices regarding marketing and information
- Your rights under EU/EEA law
- Security of your personal data
- Storage of your personal data
- International transfers
Important information and who we are
Our website is not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children.
Our contact details
Our full details are:
Full name of legal entity: Zip Heaters (UK) Limited t/a Zip Water UK
Email address: email@example.com
14 Bertie Ward Way
Telephone number: 0345 6 005 005
You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk). We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the ICO so please contact us in the first instance.
It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal data changes during your relationship with us.
Our website may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins and applications. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We do not control these third-party websites and are not responsible for their privacy policies. When you leave our website, we encourage you to read the privacy notice of every website you visit.
The types of personal data we collect:
- Contact information - such as name, address, phone number, email address, and login information;
- Information about your purchase or rental of products or services – such as product registration information, warranty information;
- Consumer satisfaction and feedback data - such as the results of customer satisfaction and feedback surveys;
- Data collected when you are visiting our website - such as data collected through cookies and other automatically collected data to provide you with our websites, or information that you provide us with when visiting our websites (such as through contact forms etc.);
- Data identifying the appliance - such as serial number, software version, firmware version, model, colour etc;
- Data generated by the appliance itself – such as, efficiency data e.g. water consumption, energy consumption; situational data, such as, conditions surrounding the appliance such as temperature, water hardness.
We do not collect any Special Categories of Personal Data about you (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data). Nor do we collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.
How we collect personal data:
- from you or your representative when purchasing your product, registering your product, visiting our website, activating your account, ordering a service, participating in our campaigns, creating a product review or when downloading and using an application;
- from our retailers or distributors;
- from our third-party service providers, suppliers and partners;
- from publicly available sources;
- from social media, e.g. Facebook if you choose to use Facebook to facilitate logging into our websites/ apps.
You may choose not to provide certain types of personal data to us. If you choose to do so, this may affect our ability to provide you with, and your ability to make use of, certain appliances and/or services or their functionalities and features. In this case, we may have to cancel our contract with you, but we will notify you if this is the case at the time. However, unless otherwise specified, your choice not to provide such information will not result in legal consequences for you.
Why we process your personal data and the legal basis for the processing
We may use your personal data for the following purposes (collectively “Processing Purposes”):
|Processing Purposes||Type(s) of personal data||Legal basis|
|To assist in the development, enhancement and or modifications of our products and services||Types 3, 5 and 6 above
||Legitimate interest in the development and enhancement of new products and services as well as improve existing ones|
|In the event of a contemplated or actual merger, acquisition, sale, joint venture, assignment or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets and stock||Types 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6 above
||Legitimate interest to facilitate and or enable the merger, acquisition, sale, joint venture, assignment or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets and stocks|
|To send you marketing communications||Type 1 & 2 above
||Consent or Legitimate interest to promote and market our products and services|
|To provide you with products and services you have requested||Types 1, 3, 4, 5 and 6 above
||Fulfilment of contract or Legitimate interest to service our customers’ needs, including delivering our products and services|
|To provide you with administrative notices such as user guidance/ product safety notices relating to your appliance, service or account||Types 1, 2, 5 and 7 above
||Fulfilment of contract or Legitimate interest to keep you informed of products and services|
|For troubleshooting and repairing purposes||Types 1, 5 and 6 above
||Fulfilment of contract or Legitimate interest used for development and enhancement of new products and services as well as improve existing ones|
|To communicate with you about your product, service or account and similar customer service related activities||Types 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6 above
||Fulfilment of contract or Legitimate Interest to keep you informed about our products, services or your account with us|
|Internal business purposes, including security, analytics, audit, and for our core operational activities||Types 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6 above
||Legitimate interest to protect and support our business, colleagues, customers and shareholders;|
|To evaluate your feedback, including when you rate and review our products or services||Type 1, 3 above
||Legitimate interest to assist with the development and enhancement of new products and services as well as improve existing ones|
|To manage and operate our websites and applications, including online registration||Types 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6 above
||Fulfilment of contract & legitimate interest to enhance the current user journey and experience with relevant content|
Where the processing activity is based on your consent, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. The revocation of your consent will however not affect the lawfulness of any processing based on your consent before its withdrawal.
Information that we share
For the Processing purposes set out above, we may share or disclose your personal data:
- As required by law, to comply with legal process and/or to respond to requests from public and government authorities;
- With companies within the Zip Industries group;
- With service providers and suppliers trusted to provide services and appliances on our behalf as well as with our partners;
- With a third party in the event of a contemplated or actual reorganisation, merger, acquisition, sale, joint venture, assignment or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets and stock;
- To enforce our terms and conditions; or
- To protect our rights.
When sharing personal data with a third party, Zip Water UK requires that such third party agrees to protect and handle your personal data in accordance with all legal, regulatory and contractual obligations, or other instructions we provide to them.
Your choices regarding marketing and information
You have certain choices regarding how we use and share your personal data for marketing and similar purposes to send you information about appliances, services, events and promotions. The communication may be sent to you via different channels: email, phone, post, social networks. We would like to provide you with the best experience, therefore the communication might be tailored based on the data collected and your preferences.
Where required by law, we will obtain your prior consent. You may withdraw your consent to marketing, or request that we stop using your personal information for this purpose, at any time, for example, you can unsubscribe from messages by following the unsubscribe instructions within the message.
Your rights under EU/EEA law
If you are located in the EU/EEA, or if your personal data is otherwise being processed by an Zip Water UK entity within the EU/EEA, you have the following rights:
- Request access to your personal data;
- Rectification of your personal data;
- Request the erasure of your personal data;
- Restrict the processing of your personal data;
- Request that your personal data be provided in a format that can be transferred to you or another organisation (portability);
- Object to the processing of your personal data;
- Withdraw consent at any time where we are relying on consent to process your personal information; and
- Lodge a complaint with the competent supervisory authority.
For further information on each of those rights, including the circumstances in which they apply, see the Guidance from the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) on individuals’ rights under the General Data Protection Regulation.
If you have any questions regarding these rights, or if you would like to exercise any of these rights, you may do so in writing, by phone or via email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Please note that exercising some of these rights may impact our ability to provide you with certain appliances or services.
You will not be charged a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
We will aim to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. This may take longer depending on the complexity of the request, in this case we will inform you and keep to updated.
Security of your personal data
Zip Water UK will take appropriate technical and organizational measures in line with applicable data protection laws, including requiring our service providers, business partners or professional advisors to use appropriate measures to protect your personal data.
In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
Storage of your personal data
We will store your personal data for as long as may be required by law, or as required under any contract. If there is no legal requirement, we will retain information about you only for so long as is necessary for the purpose/s for which it was collected.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
By law we have to keep basic information about our customers (including Types 1 and 2 above) for six years after they cease being customers for tax purposes.
As a global company, we may transfer and store your personal data in the European Union (EU) or in the European Economic Area (EEA) or other locations where we our have servers.
Whenever we transfer your personal data out of the EEA, we ensure a similar degree of protection is afforded to it by ensuring at least one of the following safeguards is implemented:
- We may transfer your personal data to countries that have been deemed to provide an adequate level of protection for personal data by the European Commission. For further details, see European Commission: Adequacy of the protection of personal data in non-EU countries.
- Where we use certain service providers, we may use specific contracts approved by the European Commission which give personal data the same protection it has in Europe. For further details, see European Commission: Model contracts for the transfer of personal data to third countries.
- Where we transfer your personal data to the US, we may do so as part of the Privacy Shield which requires companies in the US to provide similar protection to personal data shared between the Europe and the US. For further details, see European Commission: EU-US Privacy Shield.
Please Contact us if you want further information on the specific mechanism used by us when transferring your personal data out of the EEA.